Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Outlet

I like my MySpace blog, but this seems to have more potential -- and options.

I've been alternating all day between frightfully busy and dismally bored. I hope, I hope, I hope my day is almost done. But it's hard to say ... I have to wait on other people before I can leave, which I have never had to do before (except in the restaurant business), and it's hard.

On top of that, I'm finding it difficult to maintain a positive attitude today. And attitude is everything. But I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed by trivial things. Like this morning when there were dishes in the sink, and I do not allow dishes in my sink. At least they were clean; that's how I had to look at it, since I was beginning to get upset at the fact that someone other than myself had done the dishes and left them in the sink.

Regardless. It's difficult to have so much invested in people over whom you have no control. Although I've figured out that really, we don't have much control over anything -- we just think we do ("we" meaning "homo sapiens"). I don't consider myself a controlling person, in general. But sometimes you just want to grab these pertinent people and shake some sense into them. It would be easier than tiptoeing around their feelings, lest you say something to which they take offense.

My brain is too full.

No comments: