Monday, November 26, 2007

The Hunt Has Ended!

I moved back to Colorado more than two years ago and settled immediately in Morrison. The downsides of living in Morrison are the concert traffic in the summertime and the lack of food delivery.

Most places won't deliver food west of C-470, which is less than a mile away from my house. And leaving Columbia, which has tons of delivery options, for a place with none was definitely difficult. Picture it: You're at home, you're hungry, you don't want to cook, you don't want to leave the house. But those last two are mutually exclusive. Either you cook or you leave. No other options.

We had heard about a place that delivered, Guido's, but several Google searches yielded nothing. All seemed lost.

But then ... THEN ... while driving down Morrison Road one day, in between 470 and Kipling, I happened to look north while idling at a stoplight. There I spotted a Diamond Shamrock, which happens to hold Bank of America ATMs, which is a fee-less ATM for me, so I'm always on the lookout. And this one was the closest yet to my house.

Then, while frequenting said gas station when in need of cash, I noticed some businesses that might come in useful, like a Subway and a dry-cleaner and some place called Guido's.

Lo and behold, when D and I went to frequent Guido's, we discovered that this was the Guido's, our very own great white whale of delivery. Last night we had pizza delivered to the house (with garlic bread and tomato sauce). And it was awesome.

I feel like Captain Ahab when he finally encountered Moby Dick after his long, tireless search. Except instead of sinking my ship the Pequod and drowning the crew, Guido's brought me fresh, hot pizza, straight to my door, without me having to take a step outside my home.

No comments: