Monday, January 14, 2008

crash! bang!

I know why I'm sad, by the way. It's because I miss my dad. Duh.

On Saturday, when I was buying groceries, I backed out of my parking spot. Another women (driving a BMW, no less) was also backing out of her spot.

We collided.

We assessed the damage. My tank of a '93 Volvo was fine. Her sedan had a scuff and a dent in her bumper.

I gave her my insurance information because I could tell she was going to be a bitch if I didn't. I did not admit fault. In fact, while leaving the parking lot, I called my insurance company so I could be the first to explain what happened.

I was not paying attention; I fully admit that. But neither was she.

So today my claims representative (who is very nice) called and said they would probably close the claim; if it was fifty-fifty fault, then my insurance would pay for my damages (none) and her insurance would pay for her damages (some).

She did not like that, according to my claims rep. She said she was fully pulled out of her parking spot when I hit her. This is not how I recall events, but who knows?

So tomorrow, the rep has to come assess the damage to my car.

I wonder what will happen? Not in an I'm -scared-my-premiums-will-go-up way (although they might), but in a curious, detached way.

It's a car. It's scratched. It doesn't really matter. I am amazed that people like her have the energy to seethe about something so trivial.

But then again, it's not my BMW.

No comments: