Tuesday, August 26, 2008

size does matter

Last week I thought I lost my water bottle. (I'll give you a moment to imagine how traumatic that was for me.) It was in D's car all along, but I couldn't find it -- actually, he couldn't find it for me -- so I used some money I had on a Starbucks card and bought a new water bottle at Starbucks, and then I found my old one, so now I have two. Which, for a water-drinkin' fool like myself, isn't a bad thing.

The new one is only twenty ounces, it has a brown lid and brown rubberized bottom and some weird coffee plant-like designs on it (brown and green and beige). It's pretty cute, but the thing that I find most interesting about it is that I seem to drink more water when I have it.

I'm not sure why that would be -- and honestly, I'm really not certain that I am drinking any more water than normal. (Normal for me is around 100 ounces a day.) But even if the only result is me making more trips across the building to the water cooler, it can't be a bad thing. I keep my old(er) water bottle in the fridge and use it for working out, as the straw is much more useful than the screw-top lid, but it's also noisy in a cubicle area, so the screw-top lid is a better option for work.

Other random thoughts:

*I've been bad about blogging. I will endeavour to do better.

*I didn't watch a single second of the Olympics, in case you were wondering how my boycott went. Take that, China!

*I don't like purple bell peppers. I don't hate them, but I like a little sweetness in my salad with the red or the yellow. Purple bell peppers are not sweet. They're kind of like the green ones. Just so you know.

No comments: