Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hairy Situation

Sorry it's been so long, JW -- you know who you are! -- but I've been kinda busy in a weird way; entertaining out-of-town guests.

Here's what's been going on in my brain lately: I'm not a huge fan of my haircut.

I hacked thirteen inches off in late March/early April. It's been growing since then. I remember having hair this length before ... but I also had the mother of all awesome hairdressers then. Actually, the father. His name is/was Daryl and he was un-be-freaking-lievable when it came to styling my hair so you couldn't tell I was growing it out.

And now, I live two states away from Daryl. (It would almost be worth driving eleven hours for one of his haircuts. Seriously.) I liked this haircut at first ... but now that it's longer and I'm truly sick and tired of blowdrying all the time, I kind of hate it. I can't NOT blowdry my hair. It works for one day, but after that, kaput. And I'm not going to start washing and styling my hair daily.

I've been toying with the idea of cutting it short again. As in, SHORT. But I've also been toying with the idea of growing it long again. Right now, the long is winning. I can't guarantee that I'll find a Daryl-caliber hairstylist before I want to grow my hair back out again. And I can't guarantee that I won't get totally sick of needing to cut it literally every four to six weeks and try to grow it out anyway. And I can't even think about what that might mean for my general appearance. (Really, I'm not vain. I just hate it when my hair makes me look like a mushroom.)

What to do?

No comments: