Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Marilyn Musgrave Says Thank-You

Ugh.

So, here's the story: Marilyn Musgrave was a Congress representative who had a very protracted and messy battle to retain her seat in November, airing a bunch of attack ads against her opponent. She lost. I voted against her; personally, anyone who says that gay marriage will lead to people marrying their dogs will never, ever get my vote.

She's made national news because she refused to concede -- or to call and congratulate her opponent. Sulk, sulk, sulk. Poor Marilyn. Those mean ol' liberals and gay-lovers really effed you up.

But today, she wrote an opinion column for the Denver Post, basically saying how great it was to serve Colorado, how she's not sorry for being a rabid homophobe, anti-choice and candidate for Worst Woman Ever, and how she refused to change her principles in order to win an election.

Well done, Marilyn.

The funny thing is the comments behind the story. She had one comment supporting her, everyone else basically said, "Okay, so, 'Thanks, Colorado?' Well, you're welcome. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. We won't miss you."

And as far as I know, she still hasn't conceded or congratulated her opponent.

I mean, really. One commenter said it best, and I'll paraphrase: Isn't it awesome how these wholesome, let's-keep-things-the-same-and-never-change-them, I'm-Joe-the-Plumber-and-Suzie-Sixpack-mixed-up-in-one conservatives can't even manage basic manners, like saying "congratulations?"

She is a douchenugget. I, for one, won't miss her -- and neither will the rest of her district, apparently, because she lost in a landslide.

And this is a complete non sequitor, but every time I hear the name "Marilyn Musgrave," I think of a muskrat. A rabid, greasy, disgusting, diseased muskrat. That is her legacy in my brain.

No comments: