Monday, June 15, 2009

Ouch!

Those of you who know me well know this to be a fact: I hate running. Hate it. Everything about it.

So you will understand the seriousness of the situation when I say that I have taken up running, of all things, to help me get in shape.

I know. I'm shocked, too.

Yesterday, I went for a short run/walk (we're talking 15 minutes here). This is what really brought home to me how awfully out-of-shape I am. I figure I can add on 30 seconds a day and get up to speed ... meanwhile, boy am I sore today!

Because the other thing is, I forgot to stretch both before and after my run. I know, I know. Brilliant.

I just got back from a hike/jog with the dog up in the mountains. For some reason, that was much easier for me than the run, even though it took about twice as long. And even though my legs, now, are just as sore.

In other news, I missed a chance to interview the inspiration for The Big Lebowski's The Dude. I wish sometimes I would get a bit more advance notice than that!

And finally, anybody looking for summer reading material and who's remotely into sci-fi/fantasy should totally check out Jacqueline Carey's Santa Olivia. Awesome book!

No comments: