Sunday, June 7, 2009

This Could Get Ugly

So, I had my first "real" day at work today -- in other words, I actually got a section.

It was good. Hectic, but good. It amused me a bit that I had to remind my new boss that I can't work next Friday and Saturday; it perplexed him, but I explained to him that I had already told him this last week when he hired me (true story). I guess that's the price I pay for working at a place like this.

Because it's nice and busy -- and people buy the server shots. Or there's a featured drink contest, and shots are prepared so everyone knows what the featured drink is. That kind of thing.

Needless today, the subject line probably needs no explanation. I think the shots are probably only a weekend thing ... if it doesn't stay that way, I'm going to have to swear off them while at work.

But I'm taking my post-work shift drink, no questions asked. That's a gift horse I know better than to look in the mouth.

No comments: