Friday, June 5, 2009

This Place Rocks!

Okay. I'm sure in a few weeks (or days, depending), the sparkle of newness will have faded, and I'll be much more jaded about my new jobby job. But in the meantime, here are all the reasons why this serving job kicks ass compared to my last restaurant experience:

I can wear whatever I want to work. No special T-shirts, no color restrictions. Closed-toed shoes. That's the only restriction.

The people I work with are awesome.

The food is excellent.

I can take shots at work. In the kitchen. What? Yes. True story.

It's a completely green establishment -- I believe it's carbon-free, too.

I can sit at the bar and have a drink after work. Did I mention I'm allowed to sit at the bar? Yes. But I didn't mention that the drink is free, courtesy of my employer.

They serve awesome beer.

Karoake? Check! Trivia? Check! Live music? Check! Pool table? Check?

Oh, and: lonely mountain men who want to tip me a lot simply by virtue of my cuteness and femaleness? Check! Check! Check!

The deck overlooks Bear Creek. As in, is built right alongside Bear Creek. There's nothing like watching a creek rush by to make the day go faster.

Aah. Well, the shifts are long, and I am pretty pooped -- it's been a while since I had to spend all day on my feet. But, damn. It was a good day. I'm excited; I think this is going to be an ideal establishment at which to ply my waitressing trade.

No comments: