Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Random Things

This is something that's been passing around Facebook. I'm not posting it there, but it does get to live here.

1. My big toes are double-jointed.

2. I am obsessed about very few things ... one of them is music. I would almost always rather be listening to music than watching television.

3. My three favorite books, in no particular order, are: A Confederacy of Dunces, John Kennedy Toole; the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling (although if I have to choose just one of those, it's definitely Deathly Hallows); and Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.

4. I have a post office box because my house is too close to the post office to get mail. (Seriously.)

5. I don't have a dishwasher ... and I prefer doing dishes by hand, anyway.

6. I can bake a mean pie.

7. And a mean cheesecake.

8. I use clinical-strength deodorant, which you have to put on before you go to sleep. But I forget pretty frequently and have to use my husband's deodorant.

9. Bikram yoga is one of my favorite things in this world, ever.

10. My can't-miss radio shows are a 9:30 a.m. Tuesday slot by Alan Watts and the 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday slot, "Reggae Bloodlines." Both on KGNU. 88.5 FM Boulder, 1390 AM Denver.

11. The podcasts I subscribe to are "This Week in Science," "APM Weekend America" and "Savage Love."

12. I am an avid advice-column reader. Savage Love, Dear Abby, Annie's Mailbox, Classic Ann Landers, the Advice Goddess, Dear Margo, Dear Prudence, Carry Tennis, Amy Dickinson and Carolyn Hax are the columns I read weekly.

13. When I was four years old, an anaconda bit me. True story.

14. I had a dream this morning wherein I was lying in bed, unable to fall asleep. I didn't realize I was asleep until my cat jumped on me.

15. My favorite band/musical group is Blackalicious. However, if I could only listen to one genre of music, it would be trip-hop/downtempo. (Although I would see if I could also squeeze drum and bass in ... the syncopated rhythm argument? Think it would fly?)

16. When I get my master's degree, my GPA in grad school will have been 4.0. First time I did that since elementary school!

17. When I sing along with Bradley Nowell (from Sublime), he makes my voice sound really good.

18. I sing regularly to my dog -- usually freestyle lyrics to a song stuck in my head or something playing about Marshall and what he's doing.

19. I bite my nails. I've been able to get them long and beautiful more than once, but something always caves and I bite them off. I don't know what it is. (They are in a long and beautiful phase right now.)

20. I don't drink alcohol regularly, but I really like making drinks.

21. I weigh myself every day.

22. I make my bed every day. (Well. Almost.)

23. I can type 120 words per minute.

24. I have a mild obsession with stationery.

25. I proudly own an authentic set of Russian nesting dolls.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

On #23: Woah! And I thought my 93 wpm was something to shout about. I bow to your QWERTY greatness.