Friday, January 30, 2009

I Hate Pumps

I pretty much live in sneakers (with the occasional foray into boots and sandals), so when I have to get dressed up for things and wear pumps ... it's not pretty.

Maybe it's because I never really learned to walk in pumps. I know the theory behind walking in heels (you just take smaller steps, right?), but I remain flummoxed by pumps because your feet aren't held in by anything!

Strappy sandals with a heel are fine; high-heeled boots are fine. But when there's no strap or something to hold my foot in, then my heel wants to lift up every time I take a step, and the steps you have to take to prevent that from happening are not normal wearing-heels steps -- they are miniscule. And I know it's not that I need a smaller size (which I thought was the problem), because when I tried a 1/2 size down with this particular pair, they were way too small.

Ugh. Give me flat shoes any day!

No comments: