Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Take Two

I felt pretty productive today, despite not rolling out of bed till 10:30. I uploaded my resume to Monster, applied for a couple more jobs and sent pitches (which I thought I had sent last night ... aw, sheet) through to my former supervisor.

I thought I'd make a list of some things I'm not going to miss about my old job:

* Getting paid less than the work I'm doing is worth.

* Data entry. God help me. I hated doing listings; I hated it so much, it's really indescribable. I would alternate how I dealt with it. Some weeks I would do them all as quickly as possible. Others I would do as little as I had to before Friday and save the rest for the next week. It was a monkey's job, as I used to say. And the search function on our website is so ridiculous that it brought my severe dislike of listings to the level of despair, because I felt it was utterly, utterly pointless. Which brings me to ...

* Our IT team. Some of them were nice. Most of them talked to me like I was an idiot and couldn't possibly understand their big, bad, hard job. When I called them with a problem, the response was invariably: You're not doing it right. It's not the software/website, it's you. And I knew it wasn't ... I'm smart enough to figure out my way around both a website and a software program.

* The disgusting coffee. And the bagels I wasn't allowed to eat.

* How every Friday at around 5 p.m., someone would go through the fridge and throw EVERYTHING out. And how if you were staying later than 5 on Friday, you had to remember to rescue your food. I brought dinner in once because I knew I'd be working late, and guess what happened to it? It got tossed. Along with other perfectly good food ... I lost more than one half of a just-cut-into avocado. Bastards.

That's about all I can come up with right now.

No comments: