Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Slack-A-Lackin'

I promised a blog every day to one of my faithful readers ... so you'll get two today since I didn't manage one yesterday.

What have I been up to? Let's see. I drank a bunch of red wine on Monday night. Thankfully, I wasn't hungover yesterday. I did some light cleaning around the house and went into the office to tie up some loose ends. I do have a job there still proofreading and freelancing; it's not the same pay or benefits that I was getting, but heck, it's something.

I went and visited with my brothers, and I watched The Biggest Loser and the first part of Goonies. I also finished polishing up my resume and sent it to two different places.

Tonight I'm going to see The Color Purple on stage. I'm glad I got the invite before the layoff; I love the theater, and it'll be good to milk my going-for-free status to its last drop.

I've also been working out every day. I told one of my naysayer friends my plans for 2009 -- including getting totally ripped -- and she said, "I'll believe that when I see it." It didn't hurt my feelings; far from it. I actually like it when people challenge me like that. It makes it that much sweeter when I meet my goal. Take my buddy who told me, in October 2006, that I'd never be able to quit smoking cigarettes. I haven't even thought about touching one since. And it's so fun sending him the occasional "here's how much I haven't smoked, and here's how much money I've saved" e-mail to mess with him.

I'm finding it hard to balance my time, though. I'm not used to having a whole day to fill up. Which is why I'm going to get off the computer now and take my post-workout shower. At 2:12 p.m. instead of 9 a.m. Yeesh.

No comments: