Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Just for Jocelyn

My car has a ghost in it. I've taken it into the mechanic and he doesn't know what's wrong, so I'm saying it's a ghost. Every once in a while, it refuses to start. The only thing you can do is just wait for about five minutes and then try again, and usually it starts right up.

The reason I think it's a ghost is because it always refuses to start when I'm at the post office. And I have to go to the post office every day because I don't have a mailbox, just a P.O. box, and I have to check my mail.

I went today to check my mail (there was a really ridiculous packet in there from Dodge urging me to buy a new car; it said "OMG" on the envelope. I wanted to mail it back and be all, "OMG, Dodge! I'm not buying one of you!) and when I went back to my car it, of course, would not start.

I'm not the most patient person on the planet, and it's frustrating to wait for the elusive start, so what I've been doing is playing my new favorite game on my phone. It's called Diner Dash. It follows Flo, a waitress who's trying to make her diner into an empire. You go through different shifts with Flo and it gets progressively harder. First they add tables. Then they start adding different types of customers -- old people, businessmen and food critics. If you ever take too long to get to a customer, they start to get mad, until steam comes out of their head and they leave; if they leave you lose 750 points. Then they add a drink station, a host podium, appetizers, that kind of thing.

I'm on level six of the seafood restaurant and I cannot get past those unlimited free crab cakes for the life of me.

No comments: