Friday, July 25, 2008

New Toilets

We have new toilets in the building.

This is particularly exciting for me because (grossness alert!) the other day, when I was in the Bad Mood, something really disgusting happened that quite possibly sent me over the Bad Mood edge. What happened was this: I walked into the bathroom to use it and there were two women standing in there chatting. I thought, whatever, and went into the stall. There was toilet paper spinning around in the toilet -- bloody toilet paper, very bloody -- and the toilet was just running and running and running.

Which pissed me off -- I think it's fair to assume that the bloody toilet paper belonged to one of the two women who couldn't be bothered to make sure it flushed down, and who instead thought it was appropriate to just leave it and gossip with each other. I took the top off the tank and fiddled with the chain that holds the stopper that fills up the tank -- the stopper wasn't all the way down, which is what was causing the toilet to run like that, and basically, it was just gross. Beyond gross. Disgusting. And frankly, if I know enough to fix the toilet, anyone should know enough to fix the toilet.

So I got it fixed but was still irritated by whoever's bloody toilet paper that was. Ick.

Now, though, the toilets flush like champions, and I even think they're low-flow. We also are getting rid of styrofoam cups in an effort to be green. More on that later ...

No comments: