Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lucky Me

Today, dear readers, you get two ... two ... two posts, instead of one! Because I couldn't get online last night, due to my clumsiness and computer-dropping abilities. Lo siento.

I have an anklet that I never take off; it's an amber piece of jewelry that my dad gave to me once upon a time. It's one of those adjustable pieces, it's just thread and amber beads, and you slide the thread around to make it bigger or smaller; there are two pieces of threads hanging out the end, each with an amber bead. Well, one of the threads can't seem to hold on to its amber bead. I lost it once while I was sleeping and found it the next morning while I was making the bed. On Monday, I was working out and noticed my ankle was being tickled by something -- it was the thread minus the bead, again.

I thought it was probably lost for good, since I didn't see it in my workout room and had no idea when it actually fell off. Well, yesterday I was walking around the office and a small amber bead happened to catch my eye next to a cubicle down the hall. It wasn't even my cubicle, which makes it all the more amazing that I found this bead -- the office is pretty big, it could have been anywhere, and I just happened to see it.

I picked it up and put it in my purse for reattachment later. I figured since it was such a lucky day, I'd spend some $$ on a scratch-and-win. And I did win! I won $15. Yee-haw.

I also got a new water bottle yesterday (which I have already almost lost once). It's green with rubberized grips for my fingers and a pop-up straw from which to drink. Pretty awesome stuff.

On the down side, I have cramps, and I can't take any Midol until I've written all my pieces for the day. That shit is no joke.

No comments: